Friday, April 29, 2005

Changes in Blogitudes, Changes in Attitudes.

OK, you may be looking at the sidebar at left and wondering what this "Spur of the Moment" thing is...

Well, I have been asked by Most Valuable Network to do a San Antonio Spurs blog, so I'm going to be doing that in addition to my work here at Cheap Seats.

Yes, I realize it means covering the NBA. My feelings on the NBA have not changed. I still think there are too many posses and entourages, I still think it's a league of thugs and malcontents, and I still think that offenses consist of one man playing one-on-one with his defender while the other 4 stand around and watch.

But when you look closely, you find that there are exceptions to every rule. The San Antonio Spurs are one such exception. They actually play basketball the way it's meant to be played, and they do it with mostly players you can actually root for without being ashamed to do so. In other words, they are the antithesis of the modern NBA. Plus, most of the games are shown here in Austin, and we get plenty of Spurs coverage in the local media, so it's not like I'd be paying extra for anything.

If you are worried about Cheap Seats, it's not going anywhere. I will be here every Monday-Friday bringing you my opinions on all the Texas pro teams, Big XII teams, and sports in general. Think of this new blog as Cheap Seats' kid.

Anyway, if you want to check it out, go to
http://spurs.mostvaluablenetwork.com/

New to the Blogroll

I also added the following sites to the blogroll:
Later Today: Four to Watch

No comments: