Random Super Bowl thoughts...
(in no particular order)
- What was it that Freddie Mitchell had for Rodney Harrison again? Mitchell had 1 catch the whole game and an illegal pick that the refs missed. That was his contribution.
- The Abraham Lincoln fry ad didn't do anything for me. Neither did the Olympus camera/mp3 player ads.
- Despite the insistence of many that he shouldn't play, Terrell Owens played. He was basically a possession receiver, though. It didn't look like he had the same speed. What matters though is that he didn't hurt his team by playing, and actually got some key yards.
- I will not be seeing any of these movies they are advertising.
- There were officially 5 turnovers by both teams in the game, not counting the 3 that were overturned by replay or wiped out by penalty. Had all the turnovers counted, they would have been 2 shy of the all time record for total turnovers set in Super Bowl XII (10)
- Ads that were priceless: The two Ameriquest ads, the Lay's ad with MC Hammer, and the Fed Ex ad.
- If the Pats had run Corey Dillon more, this game would have been a blowout.
- Overall, I think the ads this year were better and more clever than the ads in previous years. Looks like the Janet Jackson flap had a positive effect in that regard
- The Eagles understand that the clock runs when you get tackled in bounds, right? Seems like they didn't on the drive before the onside kick.
- Best ad of the night: The Budweiser/Bud Light folks for their "thank you" ad to the troops.
- Deion Branch got the MVP. This is why the NFL should take the MVP vote away from teenagers with cell phones.
Tomorrow: Well, you'll just have to tune in and find out.