Wednesday, February 9, 2005

This post not performance enhanced.

Apologies for today's post being extremely late... I was going to talk about Illinois' almost losing, but I didn't see the game. So here's someone who did.

New Blog Links

I'd just like to take a moment and recognize the new blogs on the blogroll:

  • KC's Royal Fan Zone is a site dedicated to, of course, Royals baseball. They were nice enough to link me, and I like their blog, so I linked their blog.
    Side note: KC people are nice folks who are very passionate about their sports teams, and they deserve a lot better than they are getting from baseball's economic system.
  • Marquette Hoops is a blog all about the Golden Eagles. Even though I really don't follow C-USA hoops, I decided to link it because it has great content, and the author occasionally comments here
  • The Sports and Bremertonians blog focuses on the Pacific Northwest. Again, I'm linking this blog because of it's good content, even though I don't follow any of the teams they cover.

More Steroid Fallout

The University Interscholastic League (the state agency in Texas responsible for public high school athletics) is considering instituting it's own drug testing in the wake of the Dallas Morning News' investigation of steroids in Dallas-area high schools. I don't know if they have the funds to do this effectively, but good luck to them. It's not going to be enough.

As Steve "The Holywriter" said in the comments section of yesterday's blog, "We need to understand our society, and then we'll understand the reasons for steriod use and how to combat the attitude behind it."

Amen.

Meanwhile, The Tarrant County (county seat: Fort Worth) Narcotics Task Force is stepping up it's enforcement of steroid dealers, so hopefully we'll get a better picture of what's going on, at least in the Metroplex, as they start to make arrests and get info.

More opinions:
DMN's Kevin Sherrington
DMN editorial
Fort Worth Star-Telegram editorial

Tomorrow: Something college hoops (assuming they don't discover steroids in some other place)


No comments: