Dissecting Media opinion on the Bonds press conference
Those who have the Bonds issue in perspective:
- Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle
- Woody Paige, Denver Post and ESPN
- Jim Reeves, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Jayson Stark, ESPN
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN (who asked the tough questions and wasn't impressed with the answers)
- Skip Bayless, ESPN (Former Bay Area columnist who blasted Bonds yesterday on the 5:00 pm Central SportsCenter)
- Tim Kawakami, San Jose Mercury-News
- Jay Mariotti, Chicago Sun-Times and ESPN
- Jeff Gordon (not the driver), St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Jim Rome, The Jungle
Those that still have their head in the sand. (Hello, people, he 'roid raged at the press conference, what more proof do you need?)
- Dan Shanoff, ESPN (And by the way, Shanoff, 61% of the people who responded to the poll on your page didn't think that Bonds image improved at the press conference, contrary to what you wrote.)
- Mike Lupica, NY Daily News (spineless, simply spineless)
- Dan LeBatard, Miami Herald/ESPN (no surprise, anytime an athlete does anything wrong, you can count on LeBatard to kiss up...errr...stick up for them).
No good deed goes unpunished.
The athlete whose mother's accusations triggered the steroid scandal at Colleyville Heritage High School has to transfer because of death threats. Yeah, like it's his fault your athletes shot up, Heritage High. That's not school spirit, that's idiocy.
New Blog on the Roll
Check out Pardon the Eruption, dedicated to ESPN's Pardon The Interruption. Funny as heck.
Proof that Parcells is no longer a genius
Parcells convinces the Cowboys to sign Bledsoe. I don't know where to begin to point out how wrong this move is.
- Drew Henson is a decent QB. He just needs full speed game reps if he's ever going to be a good QB. You have Julius Jones in the backfield now to take the heat off him. He has Keyshawn Johnson and Jason Witten to throw to. He needs to be starting. Now.
- Assume for a moment I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time) and Drew Henson is a complete bum. You have 2 first round picks, surely you can trade up to get a good young quarterback. If you are really the genius people say you are, you can take a QB and turn him into a winner.
- Even if Drew Henson can't play, why Drew Bledsoe? Bledsoe is a complete bum who is as mobile as a boulder, can't lead a team, and isn't a winner. This move makes the team worse, not better.
- Signing "your guys" was fine when you were 10-6, Bill. Now you're 5-11. Stop the nepotism.
There are a lot more things I could say, but I don't think they are suitable for polite company...
So here's Tim Cowlishaw to say what else is wrong with this deal.
Tomorrow: Four to watch